Events, campaigns and news from other organisations
WE ARE HIRING ! Home Support Service Gardner
Job Title: Home Support Service - Grass Cutting/Gardener
Hours: 16 hours/week minimum
Purpose: To provide an efficient and effective gardening service as part of Age Concern Tyneside South’s Home Support Service.
Accountable To: Home Support Supervisor
- The post offers a minimum of 16 hours per week with flexibility to increase up to 35 hours to cover holidays, sickness or respond to changes in demand for the service.
- Must be a car owner and use of car is required for the job.
Summary of Role:
The post will provide a seasonal gardening service as part of Age Concern Tyneside South’s home support service across the Borough of South Tyneside. The role involves working within a small team that currently deliver home support to people in their own homes and will include a gardening and/or grass cutting service.
The post holder must be able to multitask and have the ability and skills to execute numerous jobs, to work under the supervision of a manager/supervisor and have the ability to function and deliver based on tasks assigned to them. The post holder will carry out work in agreement with each client to be identified through a variety of sources including self-referrals from new and existing clients, ACTS services and other professionals and partner organisations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interact with clients and their representatives, colleagues and other professionals to understand their requirements thoroughly
- Coordinate work processes with other departments of the organisation
- Cutting grass and other gardening tasks
- Make safe access routes into home
- Efficiently manage time and meet specific deadlines
- Meet all targets set
- Follow all necessary safety and precautionary measures for conducting all jobs assigned
- Ensure availability of all raw materials, tools, spare parts and other equipment for doing jobs
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Undertake training to up-skill as the role changes/demands
- Carry out any other duties requested by management within skills base
- Be flexible in approach to work and carry out all reasonable requests that are within skills base
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients and the rest of the team
- Ability to multi task and effectively manage time and commitments to meet deadlines and targets
- Sound understanding of all types of tools, equipment and machinery relevant to the role
- To have use of own transport and use this as part of role to deliver the service
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous convictions
This job description is subject to review and subsequent revision
How to Apply
- Express interest & submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Works Fund
Our Chief Officer Grahame was at the British Library this week as part of a gathering of projects supported by Financial Capability and the Money Advice Service's What Works Fund. Our evaluation of the project is linked below
Link to PDF: file:///P:/Beth%20Os%20Folder/ACTS%20-%20MAS%20project%20evaluation%20final%20report%20v3_120818.pdf
Skills and Opportunities Fund
EXCITING ANNOUNCMENT ! We have been shortlisted in the Skills and Opportunities Fund. you can read about the project by visiting http://skillsandopportunitiesfund.natwest.com/vote/ and selecting the North region. Please consider us for a vote and get your relatives, friends, anyone you can to do the same