Our Integrated Service offers a wide range of support to holistically meet the needs of older people living in South Tyneside. A Single Point of Contact (SPOC) team can book you an appointment to see an Advisor, Support Worker or Handyperson, or they can direct you to the most appropriate person or signpost to other services.
Integrated services offer practical support from our Handypersons Service, Home from Hospital Service and Information & Advice Service to ensure you receive support to:
• Reduce your instances of falls,
• Reduce hospital admissions/re-admissions
• Increase your independence
• Increase your finances by checking benefits entitlement etc.
• Reduce social isolation through engagement in positive activities
• Improve your physical and emotional wellbeing
• Increase volunteering opportunities
Integrated Service - Home from Hospital
Home from Hospital provides practical and emotional support to older people when they are discharged from hospital. Reablement support is provided for up to six weeks to rebuild confidence and promote independence. Services include exercise at home to improve mobility, relaxation sessions, light meal preparation and escorting people to and from appointments.
Integrated Service - Handyman Service
Our Handypersons install various types of aids and adaptations, supply and fit key safes, fit stair rails and grab rails, level door threshes, install toilet frames and much more.
We can support you to protect your independence and reduce your risk of falling. Our handypersons will provide a free assessment to fix identified problems in your home. We can also:
• Remove any hazardous objects or furniture that may cause an obstruction.
• Hang photos or put up curtain rail.
• Check carpets are firmly attached to the floor.
• Remove rugs or attach non-slip backing.
• Encourage the use of additional lighting or fit light bulbs.
Examples of the work we have carried out include:
• Lengthening the cord on a set of blinds to enable an older person who is wheelchair bound to reach, reducing their risk of injury.
• Fixed a broken cupboard door at the foot of the stairs to prevent it from swinging open, removing a hazard.
• Fixed a set of kitchen drawers to prevent them from spilling their contents over the floor.
• Lowered a cupboard to prevent an older person from falling when stretching too high to reach kitchen equipment or food.
• Checked and cleared paths to make sure access is kept clear to reduce risk of falling.
We also carry out odd jobs for a small charge as and when requested.
Please call 0191 456 6903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of us want to live independently in our own homes for as long as possible, but as we get older we may need some support and assistance. ACTS provides a wide range of services to help you at home.
The service is available to anyone, any age, who lives in South Tyneside and you can receive support on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or one-off basis. Services can include but are not limited to:
• Light meal preparation
• Grass cutting
• Provide companionship, sharing hobbies and interests
• Collect prescriptions, dry cleaning or shopping
• Odd jobs / DIY (fixtures & fittings, picture/mirror hanging, curtain poles, small painting jobs)
• Assist with paying bills, appointment making or planning an outing
• Help with telephone or internet shopping (if you have an internet connection)
• Escort you to an appointment or outing
The cost of the service is £13.50 per hour, with exception of accompanied outings which are £14.00 per hour and are for a minimum of 2 hours