Age Concern Tyneside South
We support the older people in South Tyneside by providing services and activities that maintain their choice and control, improve well-being and enable healthier and happier ageing.
We champion the issues that are important to older people and positively challenge negative perceptions of ageing.
Get In Touch
If you live in South Tyneside, have any worries or concerns, need a little bit of support
or just want some socialisation with friendly people.
call us on 0191 456 6903
We are open Monday/Thursday 9:00am – 4:30pm, Fri. 8:30pm – 4:00pm and Sat. 9:00am – 12:30pm
- New dates for our Saturday Activities > Information and Advice
- 3x Primary Care Network Support Workers needed > Full Time
- Be our Community Health & Wellbeing Coach > Contract
- STEP project – May to June Schedule > Information and Advice
- Wanted a Facilities Coordinator > Part Time
- Carers – Help Us to Help You > Appeal
- *** New Tai Chi Taster session > Wellbeing
- Adult Carers Jubilee Party > Social
- Information & Advice Officer x2 Needed > Job Opportunity
- Balance & Stability Program > Wellbeing
- Thank You TT2 > Information and Advice
- Support Workers Needed > Job Opportunity
- Slow Museums > Community
- the Vinyl Club > Activity
- Tai Chi @ ACTS > Wellbeing
Information & Advice
Advocacy and specialist advice on benefits, health and social care, financial planning, energy bills, debt and significant life events.
Shopping, cleaning, company or a trip out – all at a fair price from trusted staff.
Home from Hospital
Emotional and practical support upon leaving hospital to help people to regain independence and build resilience.
Practical advice and solutions to reduce falls in the home, as well as fitting aids and adaptations to support independent living and carrying our home assessments for energy issues.
Social connection of every sort – whether that’s a regular coffee or lunch with others, Peer Support from a person who’s gone through what you’re facing, hobby groups, keeping physically fit and well or special events, we bring people together for fun and company.
Enables older people to use technology and access the internet, make social connections, maintain their independence and improve their quality of life.