Age Concern Tyneside South
Get In Touch
If you are 50+ live in South Tyneside, have any worries or concerns, need a little bit of support
or just want some socialisation with friendly people.
call us on 0191 456 6903 or email us at
We champion the issues that are important to older people and positively challenge negative perceptions of ageing.
We provide services and activities that maintain their choice and control, improve well-being and enable healthier and happier ageing.
We are open Monday/Thursday 9:00am – 4:30pm, Fri. 8:30pm – 4:00pm and Sat. 9:00am – 12:30pm
Information & Advice
Advocacy and specialist advice on benefits, health and social care, financial planning, energy bills, debt and significant life events.
Shopping, cleaning, company or a trip out – all at a fair price from trusted staff.
Home from Hospital
Emotional and practical support upon leaving hospital to help people to regain independence and build resilience.
Practical advice and solutions to reduce falls in the home, as well as fitting aids and adaptations to support independent living and carrying our home assessments for energy issues.
Social connection of every sort – whether that’s a regular coffee or lunch with others, Peer Support from a person who’s gone through what you’re facing, hobby groups, keeping physically fit and well or special events, we bring people together for fun and company.
Enables older people to use technology and access the internet, make social connections, maintain their independence and improve their quality of life.
- Implementation Project Manager – Needed > Contract
- Adult care worker Apprenticeship > Apprenticeship
- Victim of a crime? – Survey > Community
- Thank You Westoe Fair! > Fund Raising
- Tai Chi Free 12 week Program – Hebburn > Wellbeing
- Support Worker – Home Services > Part Time
- Locality Information and Advice Officer – Is that you? > Contract
- The 999BSL App > Information and Advice
- Smart Meters > Information and Advice
- Mental Health Parent & Carer Peer Network Group > Wellbeing
- Thank you Bill > Community
- Our Sessions Update 01 > Activity
- Walks and Exercise – South Shields > Wellbeing
- Coach Trips 2022 > Social
- Volunteer Minibus Drivers Needed > Volunteer